Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 10, 2010

Nursery Update and Baby Gifts!!

So sorry for the week long absence. I was a little burnt out from NaBloPoMo and needed the blogging break.

I also want to admit that I've been putting off posting pics of the nursery. And it's not because it's not coming along (it is) or because we don't love it (we totally DO). But, unlike the bathroom remodel, I feel so sentimental and attached to this particular project that I can't bear to show it without it being perfect. And for it to be perfect, absolutely every detail needs to be finished. And (because we are slackers) it's not.

First, it took forever to get the paint the way we wanted it. (UGH! That was a nightmare of a story that I don't even want to think about.) Then my in-laws (who offered to buy the nursery furniture for us - so SWEET!) ordered our furniture and, to save on shipping, we offered to pick it up ourselves. Unfortunately, everything fit in my SUV except the crib. ::sigh:: So we had to wait for the weekend, rent a stupid U-Haul and make a second trip to get the crib. (Mental note: next time, spring for the shipping.) And, finally, just when we thought we were almost through, we realized we hadn't ordered a mattress. (Parental brainfart #1. The first of many, I'm sure!) So, hopefully the mattress will be arriving tomorrow along with the glider (a gift from my awesome mom) and we can finish up the last of a few small projects, dress the bed, build the glider and be DONE!! Whooppee!!

I must say that the nursery has been super close to done for a while and I adore it. I walk by it and grin. Most times I really can't help but stop and stare at it. Most of the time I find myself walking in, lost in my own thoughts and looking around, imagining what it will be like to have her in it. I feel totally cheesy doing all this, much less admitting it over the internet but, seriously, I'm in love. Both Brad and I are in such love with this little girl that having such a beautiful, physical representation of her presence (besides of course the ridiculously huge belly) and a reminder of how soon she'll be here with us just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Okay, enough of that. I did also want to say how ridiculously lucky she is (and we are) to have such wonderful, generous friends and family around to welcome her. I had two (TWO?!?) baby showers and after all was said and done and the presents were piled up in her (as yet unfinished) nursery, I was shocked at how much there really was. Holy smokes! She's already spoiled!

I took pictures to document her enormous pile of loot and decided to share them with you. In addition, since I am being a bit of a Scrooge about holding on on nursery pics until it's finished, it's a bit of a sneak peak of the nursery before it's quite done . . . .

This is the first pile of stuff that we stacked/hid in the corner next to the crib. The scary part is how tall it is (it comes up to my torso) and that it's filled tetris-style with TONS of baby stuff. It includes her hamper, Diaper Champ, infant swing, bedding, Bebepod, gym, diaper bag, walker/playcenter, Boppy, crib soother, and a box full of clothes and linens (bibs, socks, onesies, outfits, crib sheets, etc)!!

This is another random pile of her outfits (that we didn't have enough hangers for), more linens, blankets, nursing covers, diapers, bath tub and bathing products. You can even see a few of the many stuffed animals she's received that we have arranged on her bookshelves, for now.

And, finally, this is her mess of a closet. It has her Pack and Play and high chair (still in the boxes), the new light kit for her fan, the toddler rail for her bed, WD-40 to get the stupid, ugly warning stickers off her nursery furniture without ruining it (GRRR . . I could strangle whoever thought those were a good idea!!), the shadowboxes that need to be painted and hung on the wall and more of her clothes that need to have their tags removed and be washed.

Looking around the room, I think of two things. First, I realize how lucky we are to have such wonderful friends and family. And, second, I see how much still needs to be done!?! Eek! I feel like a total slacker!

The good news is that it's mostly a bunch of really quick mini-projects. Wash clothes and linens, organize the closet, hang a couple more things on the wall and open up a few boxes. There is a bunch of stuff that she won't be using for a while that we can store in the closet until we need it (high chair, walker, etc). So, hopefully this weekend we will be officially finished with her nursery! I'm so excited and will feel so relieved when it's done. And, of course, I'll be sure to update once it's ready!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the whole thing! By the way, you're totally not alone in the walking by and sneaking peaks in the room. My husband and I hang out in Peanut's room sometimes just cuz. And after work I'll usually wonder in there and touch her clothes or toys and just find myself standing there, smiling like a fool. :)

    ReplyDelete