Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

D-Blog Week: Letter Writing Day

Today we are supposed to write a letter. The letter could be directed to your pancreas to tell it off for being so lazy for the last fill-in-the-blank years (that's 20, for me). Or to your endocrinologist as a thank you for the support. (Or to your endocrinologist as a tell-off for all the crap you've been given over the years.) Or a letter to the company that makes your meter or pump describing the diabetes gizmo of your dreams and how the company could tweak their machines/customer service/software/etc to make your diabetes life easier. . . .

Wait. Stop there. I just did that.

Recently I got fired up when I heard that Medtronic had hosted a forum for a group DOC bloggers to get their input on how they could improve their services and products and, in turn, to give a few of their consumers the inside scoop on how their company/product development/customer service operates and why things happen the way they do. The reason that I was fired up was because I so desperately wanted my pump company (Animas) to do something like this for it's customers. Even if I'm not a part of it, it would be great if they would invite a group of Ping users to a forum that would allow them to offer opinions on the pump and meter, ask why certain changes or upgrades can't be made and get to know how the company works and what can be expected for the future. Not only would they get great feedback that I'm sure would help all of their customers, but the bloggers who were invited could spread the word on what was shared at this meeting.

Since it seems pointless to rehash the entire letter again, please go here to see what I wrote to Animas.

3 comments:

  1. Great letter, Layne! Hope more companies (pump and otherwise) jump onto what Roche and Minimed have done. Great ways to fill an untapped need and continues the conversation. Hope Animas receives and listens to your letter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did they respond? I am on a medtronic pump, but I think it's such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just sent the link to your original letter to my Animas pump rep here in Vancouver, Canada. I think all Animas pumpers should do the same.

    ReplyDelete