Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 9, 2009

24-14

"Florida beats Oklahoma to win BCS national title"

That was the headline late last night to let everyone know that the University of Florida Gators are No. 1 again for the second time in 3 years!! I said it's great, to be, a Florida Gator!

I worked last night and, of course, every night that I work and secretly pray for a quiet night for whatever reason, ends up being a trainwreck. Last night started out simply enough. Our census was the lowest it's been in days (9 in the newborn nursery and 7 in the NICU, which is still a decent amount). But then we had a 30 weeker who was going to come before midnight. Fine, okay, we've got it. But that was in addition to a full Labor and Delivery floor (that's right, not one empty bed) that cranked out an average of one baby an hour. The 30 weeker ended up delivering at 11pm. Then at midnight our quiet night was kicked to the curb when a woman came in by ambulance and before anyone knew it she popped out a 25 weeker. No one was prepared and the doctor was barely in the room when she delivered. I got there a few minutes after the baby was born and he was tiny and critical but we were able to stabilize him. So obviously I missed the second half of the game. I love my Gators, but the babies come first. :-) Besides I knew they could handle it without me . . . And if they couldn't, I didn't want to watch anyway.

I love the number 24. Always have. Anyone who knws me well, knows it's "my number." Glad to see it served my Gators well last night. Personally, I would have preferred to see that number doubled but, whatev. We are still national champs!! That game was insane. I wish I could have seen more of it. From what I saw it was a frustrating but exciting game. It would have been nice if we had our act a little more together so we could shut up all the nay-sayers. (Them: "Utah should have played in the nationals!!" Me: "What?? Don't be stupid.") But like I said, we are still No. 1 and that's all that matters. Tebow deserved it (I guess I'll forgive him those two interceptions . . . just this once!) And Meyer deserved it. And Harvin desrved it for being awesome despite his ankle injury.

"We are the boys from old Florida,
F-L-O-R-I-D-A.
Where the girls are the fairest,
the boys are the squarest
of any old state down our way!
We are all strong for old Florida
down where the old Gators play.
In all kinds of weather, we'll all stick together for
F-L-O-R-I-D-A!"

Go Gators!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment