Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 19, 2010

It's a . . .

GIRL!!!!

As you can see, all signs point to girl! I don't know why but we have always just felt like it was a girl and even thought we tried not to, we called the baby she forever before we really knew. At first, I thought it was just me and that, since I'm a girl, it was just that I identified female and assumed I was carrying a female. But when I asked Brad, he always said he felt like the baby was a girl too!

I don't put much stock in "the feeling." Maybe we knew (but I doubt it), or maybe we both just thought a little girl would be fun. Either way, that's just what we got and we COULD NOT be more happy and excited!! I asked Brad if he was ok with being surrounded by girls (me, Raina and now the little one). He just grinned back at me and said "There are worse things." He's so cute! I think secretly he's hoping for a little daddy's girl.

This other photo is her profile. This is the first time we've really seen her face on ultrasound. Technically, we've seen the front of her face but on ultrasound (from the front) a face just looks like a skeleton. So getting to see her profile was so exciting! It felt like we finally got a peek of who was hanging out in there! Adorable!

We have both thought it was a good idea to hold off on a lot of decisions until we found out the gender. Why talk about names and color schemes or shop for furniture, bedding, and clothes when 50% of what you are discussing won't even be relevant once you know the gender? And more importantly, why not make it easy on ourselves and eliminate half the choices right off the bat?!? I'm not going to say we didn't toss around a few names here and there but, for the most part, we've left that for later. Well, later is NOW and Brad is really excited about picking out stuff for the nursery and I'm ready to get down to business about a name!

Lots of things to think about and talk about! Hopefully we'll be able to agree and make a decision!

2 comments:

  1. Awww congrats Layne! She is gorgeous already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Team Pink. Perfect. What more can I say? Congrats :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete