Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 5, 2009

I'm such a slacker. . .

Okay so I was definitely supposed to work this weekend. And it was a bummer because I'm SURE that you all know that today is the SEC Championship Game, Gators vs Alabama!! Meanwhile, I'm stuck at work. :-( Booooo . . .

On the other hand, our NICU has been having census issues, meaning that we don't have as many babies as we normally do and our nurses are getting called off work. It's kind of a blessing and a curse. Of course it's always a blessing when babies are doing well, going home and/or not getting sick in the first place. But we all need to make a living and the nurses are hurting with all these call-offs.

So that leaves me with this morning, when I was grumbling with another girlfriend at work about much it sucks to not be able to enjoy the game. We are both big Gator fans and we were both hugely bummed. Then one of the nurses who got called off this morning called into the unit asking if anyone wanted to go home early, because she wanted to pick up extra hours wherever she could. Well, I hopped on board!! So I got off work at 2pm in time to be back home, in my Gator gear and parked in front of the boob tube for the game!!

And the best part is that when my girlfriend heard what I had pulled off, she actually had the brilliant idea of calling one of the other ladies who got canceled this morning and offered her part of her shift!! So we ended up leaving together!! I am such a bad influence. ;-)

So, yeah, I gave up part of my paycheck to go home, be lazy and watch the game?? When did I turn into a man! Oh well! I'm just glad to be having so much fun this afternoon and I'll be back at work bright and early tomorrow morning. And I guess I better get going because the game is starting . . .I'm very nervous because it's a big game and no one knows whats going to happen. But aren't those always the best kind of games?

Go Gators!

~Layne

No comments:

Post a Comment