Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Expecting

So the big news is out of the bag. Yes, we are pregnant. Well, I'm pregnant and Brad's just waiting. That post was written right after Brad left for work the day we found out. I was so unbelievably happy and excited and scared. All of a sudden my world was this little pea-sized cluster of cells growing inside me. It was everything to me and the day before I didn't even know about it. I wanted to write what I was thinking. I wanted to remember that morning.

But I knew I couldn't post it. So I waited. (And it's been SO HARD to keep my mouth shut! I wanted to tell you guys SO bad!) And officially today is 11 weeks and 5 days. I would have posted on week 10 but we were out of town and I wanted to be around when it went out into cyber space!

It hasn't been all roses and sunshine. There were a couple of scary weeks where we had some bleeding and cramping. It all turned out okay and the bleeding stopped but I had 2 ultrasounds early on just to be sure everything was ok. (This ultrasound image is from about 3 weeks ago and I love looking at it. I can't believe how much he/she is growing!)

Some days it still doesn't feel real. I'm waiting for it to really hit me. Of course, it's too early to feel the baby and I'm not really showing, so some days it feels like it's all in my head. In fact, for the past several weeks I've been feeling more bloated than baby (ah, the joys of pregnancy). I'm just now starting to grow for real an be uncomfortable in my normal jeans (that's a bummer) and I'll have to buy some new clothes soon. Luckily I wear scrubs to work and they are forgiving so those will last me a little while yet.

I want to thank everyone for all your support and congratulations. This is such a happy, exciting and SCARY time for us. It's hard not to think of all the scary things that can happen (especially considering what I do for a living!!) but I'm doing my best to let that go and concentrate on the happy things. It's so nice to know that I have places to go and people to ask all my diabetes/pregnancy/motherhood-related questions.

And Brad has been an absolute blessing throughout all of this. In fact, the more he takes care of me the more I'm convinced that he's going to make an amazing dad. Seeing him with our child is one of the things I'm most looking forward to.

~Layne

9 comments:

  1. Aw congrats again!!! I'm looking forward to reading more about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love posts that make me smile :)!
    Your last sentence about seeing Brad with your child still has me grinning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super little piccy!!! And again, big congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I just found your blog from your comment on Kerri's site. I'm a recently diagnosed Type 1 and pregnancy is out there on my horizon, although I'm not at that point yet! I really look forward to reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay!! I'm glad you're so happy and everything is healthy despite the scaryness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Layne, first time here. I followed your comment on Scott Johnson's blog. Many, many congratulations. Kids are a blast, except briefly in the teenage years. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found you, and wanted to say congrats! wishing you a wonderful pregnancy :) And those pictures just keep getting better...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks again everyone! You guys are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete