Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2008? God, I hope it's good!

Hey folks!

As most of you know, I just graduated school in December of 2007. This will be the first time in my life since before kindergarten that I have NOT been in school. I am very excited, very nervous and will be, I'm predicting, very bored.

Most of you also know that I'm a type A personality. A good friend just told me that she wasn't happy unless she had things on her "list." Without even asking, I knew which list this was. The infamous "to-do" list of Type A's everywhere. The one where you will put something on that you have already done, just to be able to cross it off! Well, I like lists too. They make me feel productive.

Two big things on my to-do list include 1) Get a JOB!! I mean, I have all this education and I'd really like to use it. We'll see how that pans out. 2) Pass my boards. I don't even have a test date but I really should get to studying. Sadly, my momentum is all but gone after graduation. Oh! And another thing I'd like to do ASAP: 3) Move to Orlando. My husband, Brad, just got a full-time job there and wouldn't you know, I miss him. Seeing as I still reside and work in Gainesville and all. Unfortunately, moving entails finding a job (see #1 on the list) and selling our house. Again, we'll see how this all pans out.

Considering I only work two nights a week and my husband is away all week long, I figured in-between completing tasks I may need a hobby to fill my day. So with all my new freedom and time, I thought I'd work on this blog. At best, it may turn out to be a fun and fulfilling way to pass the time and keep friends and family informed. At worst, it's an embarrassing but entertaining log of my life in 2008. I'm looking forward to posting some pics and updating more but for now I think I'm done rambling. More to come . . .

~Layne

The sky was gold, it was rose
I was taking sips of it through my nose
And I wish I could get back there
Someplace back there, in the place we used to start
I want something else
- Third Eye Blind, "Semi-Charmed Life"

No comments:

Post a Comment