Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 8, 2010

Finally

Well, it finally happened. I have somehow warded off evil spirits for nearly two years. That's right, it's been since January 2009 that I have been sick. And don't think I haven't loved every minute of it while quietly waiting for the other shoe to drop. Sure, there have been sniffles and sneezes (especially over the last several months, all pregnancy related). And even when I thought it would progress into a full-on headcold . . . nope! Still just pregnancy snuffles, no big whoop.

Until, that is, this weekend. After my 24-hour shift (well, 25-hour shift since it was over the time change!) on Sunday morning, I headed out the door and noticed that my throat was pretty scratchy and sore. But it had been a particular cold, dry couple of days in Florida. I just figured that my throat was dry because of the weather.

But it kept getting worse and worse and today I'm feeling like roadkill. In case it's not obvious, pregnancy + tonsillitis + upper respiratory infections don't equal a good time. Add to it not being able to take any meds for relief, not getting any sleep because you are so stuffy and uncomfortable and having to go to 2 doctor's appointments, the grocery store and pick up dry cleaning . . . well, lets just say today and I did battle and I lost.

I had a great post planned for today with a 29-week update, belly pics and all! I even have new ultrasound pics of the kiddo to scan in. But I just can't do it. My wonderful husband was sweet enough to pick up dinner on his way home and carve me out a fort on the couch. And that's where I am currently: poised on the couch, slumped over, with a box of tissues and a glass of tea within reach trying to get through Dancing with the Stars without falling asleep or hacking up a lung. I'm chugging out this post during the commercial breaks just to be able to say I posted something. NaBloPoMo be damned!

I'm hoping to take it easy(er) tomorrow and be able to actually get a real post out, scan a few pics and give you folks a real update. Until then, I'm praying for a good night's sleep and a clearer head in the morning.

Signing off,
~Layne

No comments:

Post a Comment