Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 9, 2009

D-blog day

Having not been a part of the DOC for very long I didn't even know D-blog day existed until, well, today! Truth be told, I almost feel like a faker. I mean, I want to be a part of the DOC. And I am qualified, seeing that I am actually diabetic. But my blog isn't always about my diabetes. In fact, it's not even mostly about my diabetes.

It's just about me. Saying what I want to say about my life and what I'm feeling at the moment. It's mostly a place for me to vent about frustrations or shout happy thoughts. Sometimes the thing I need to get out is about diabetes but sometimes it's not. So is that good enough?

That's probably a big reason that I don't have a lot of traffic. I don't really stick to a subject. But that's okay I don't do this for the traffic. I do it for myself. And the few people I have met and connected with over the blogosphere have been wonderful. I would love to meet more but the folks on the DOC all seem to be in the New England area. I haven't met anyone anywhere near my neck of the woods (Florida). But if there is ever a meet-up in Florida, you best believe I'll be there!

For me, the DOC is a place I can go where I know, without a doubt, that people get it. It's so funny to me to read things that a complete stranger writes that is something I've tried to tell my husband, my mom, my best friend for years and years. And then there is this stranger who I've never even met who gets it. Who thinks the things I have thought for 18 years. It's so weird but it's also so great.

And you know what else? It doesn't really bother me that my blog isn't always about diabetes. Because I'm not just my diabetes. I'm a lot of things and one of them is diabetes. And depending on the day, the diabetes part can be big or it can be small. So my blog takes after me. As it should.

So happy D-blog day from this part-time DOC-er!

~Layne

3 comments:

  1. You are an amazing d-blogger and I love that it isn't all about diabetes, all the time... because well, our LIVES are not all about diabetes, all the time!! It's nice to know that real person underneath the diagnosis. To me, that's what it's all about!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to respond to your post this morning but, the tears were making it difficult.
    What you did was/is wonderful. You gave the family a chance to see their child, as a child.
    You're obviously a very special nurse. It's nice to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely consider you a D-Blogger. And I think your blog is perfect just the way it is. :)

    ReplyDelete