Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Introducing . .

So I know this is random but there is someone who is a big part of my life and I think it's about time we've had a proper introduction, don't you? Her name is Raina and she is the miniature pinscher (aka Min Pin) that I adopted almost 6 years ago.

I was told Raina was "about 1 year old" when I adopted her so I just decided to make her birthday the day I picked her up, December 13th. I have had her almost 6 years now and I can't imagine life without her. She is can drive me crazy but I love her to death.

Without further ado, here are some fun facts about Raina:

She loves, loves, loves to sit on the back of the furniture. Usually she does this so that she can look out the window which is another favorite past-time of hers (trust me, she will find any window to peer out of). But even if she's not interested in looking out the window, her favorite seat is the back of our chair in the living room and she will happily curl up there to take a nap.


Another of her favorites, besides napping, which she does often throughout the day, is burrowing. She loves being covered up and if you don't offer to cover her up with something, she will go off and find something to crawl under. She often gets caught being in places and under things that she's not supposed to be!



Believe it or not, she loves to dress up. At first I just bought her sweaters to wear in the winter. No, it doesn't get very cold here in Florida but she's a little dog without a whole lot of fat so she does get chilly in the winter. So eventually she caught on and whenever we would say the word "sweater" she knew what it meant and got really excited. In time it morphed into everything from Gator shirts to Halloween costumes (those she's not as big of a fan of). Brad thinks I'm nuts but, hey, it's fun.



She also loves to sit in the sun. She will find any patch of direct sunlight (indoors or outdoors) and lay in it for hours. She will move every now and then to cool down but always goes back for more!



And finally she is a great snuggler. When she is not spending her time dressing up, guarding the house, laying in the sun or finding something to burrow under she will (sometimes) grace Brad and I with her presence.




I know there are a lot of bloggers and DOC-ers who have furry friends who find their way into the blog from time to time. So I thought it was about time that Raina made her appearance. Hope you enjoyed getting to know her better!

~Layne

No comments:

Post a Comment